Post Type Selectors
product
carving_patterns
Search in posts
aiovg_videos
Search in pages

Julie

Home Forums Introduce yourself! Julie

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Julie Pratt
    Participant

I am a retired Dental Hygienist from Michigan. It doesn’t surprise me that I am drawn to chip carving as there is a certain familiarity with the attention to detail and precise technique. My first attempt at chip carving in January 2021 was a very frustrating experience to say the least. I knew that if I wanted to master this skill , I would have to take a different approach. This is what lead me to becoming a member of this group. My hope is that I develop a good foundation and learn to love the art of chip carving.

Marty Leenhouts
    Keymaster

Hi Julie,

Manual dexterity is part of your dental training so I’m sure you’ll find success with chip carving!

START with the Chip Carving Essentials Course! This will relieve your frustration!!

Thanks for posting and we’ll all look forward to hearing from you soon.

Marty

Dale Mossefin
    Participant

Hi Julie;

Welcome to this forum.  I have been mostly a  self educated U-tube chip carver and over a few years learned many poor carving techniques and habits.  I also recently joined “My Chip Carving” and have taken most courses (some multiple times), viewed many videos and feel I’ve made visible improvements in my technique and understanding of this art.  I believe the lessons provided by Marty are absolutely fundamental to develop a consistent and effective Swiss style chip carving technique.   So I think you’ve found a good place to begin your journey.

dale

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.